Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pizza Luce, Minneapolis, MN

My last meal in Minneapolis was a great one.  We got delivery from Pizza Luce, which has 3 Minneapolis locations and lots of vegan options.  I was up for pizza but changed my tune when I saw the menu, though I heard the pizza is good.  I ordered heaps for maximum sampleage!  I got the veggie nuggets, a salad and the Mock Sausage Parm that Lauren and I shared.

Let's start with the nuggets.  I was hesitant to get them just cause I thought they might be something just out of the box that I could make at home.  Nope!  These were better than any brand I tasted.  They were super dense and meaty plus they had that whole deep-fried factor.

veggie nugs with bbq sauce and dijonaise
The salad was good, pretty standard, make sure you ask for no cheese on it.  I got the Greek dressing which is an herby vinaigrette.  And the mock sausage parm was phenom!  The menu description: 
This little piggy says ha-ha-ha all the way home.  Seasoned mock duck smothered in our classic red sauce and Rinotta*, our homemade “uncheese” made from tofu and cashews. Topped with onions and tomatoes. *Contains nuts. 
The bread, the mock duck, the 'rinotta' (great name!) ...I'll be dreaming of this sammie for awhile.  And my omni girl with whom I shared it loved it too.





Nice job, Minneapolis!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Looks so yummy, Minneapolis here I come!

tracy.rose@healthline.com said...

Hi,

Healthline is interested in contributing a guest post to amytozucchini.blogspot.com. We would be open to contributing any blog that would be of interest to your readers. Healthline bloggers have been featured on a variety of sites including:

Washington Times: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tango-mind-and-emotion/2012/aug/10/how-healthy-choices-easy/
Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/036515_diabetes_strawberries_prevention.html
Patch.com: http://strongsville.patch.com/blog_posts/where-and-what-to-eat-in-cleveland-to-beat-the-winter-blues

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Warm Regards,
Tracy