Friday, November 4, 2011

NYC_post 3

Hi ya'll!  I'm writing to you from the road.  I'm excited to post about vegan treats on this road-trip, but first, some more NYC food pics.  Last Friday 5 great friends and I went to Angelica Kitchen on e12th street between 1st and 2nd.  It's a fun place with daily specials that, in my experience, are amazing.  We started out with three appetizers.

walnut-lentil pate
curried cashew spread

























WONDERAPP!  baked potato croquettes stuffed with almond-parsley pesto,
topped with dill-tofu sour cream and served with kale salad.
Yes, as good as it sounds!
"Ole Man Setian", 2 friends ordered this and not a crumb remained on the plates
wee dragon bowl.  not very wee!  with crack black sesame-wasabi dressing
hot open face tempeh sandwich.  so purdy.
chili.  bold choice and a good one at that!  i think someone might have
lost part of a finger in the fight for the last piece of cornbread.
I didn't get/can't find the pic of one of my fave dishes of the night, a tamale special.  It was so creamy and wonderful with seitan, peppers and some sauce that was so good I'm convinced sorcery was involved.  We also got 2 desserts.  I like Angelica Kitchen with their vegan menu that pleases most, their BYO policy and their good location.  Next time I'm lucky enough to be up in NYC with a group of my closest girls, we'll probably branch out to a different spot but just because there are so many other places to try!


1 comment:

Lori said...

Fantastic photos! I'm hungry now.